Title: Coord-Bed Management-IHR
City, State: Elk Grove Village,IL
Location: Niehoff Pavilion
Department: Nursing Administration 002
Additional Job Details: PRN,Evening, 0 hours,Weekly. Varied -- PM's, nocs, occasional weekends.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Coordinates a centralized bed management system to facilitate efficient admissions and transfers, optimize occupancy and avoid delays in service.
- Communicates with clinical staff to determine status of pending discharges, transfers and bed availability and plans bed assignments accordingly.
- Reviews all admissions and transfers for clinical/unit appropriateness and medical necessity. Takes appropriate action in the event criteria are not met or appropriate resources are not available.
- Provides direction and support to admissions coordinators to ensure efficient patient access and flow.
- Analyzes bed management data, identifies issues and potential resolutions and prepares reports for executive review.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required Bachelor's of science in nursing (BSN) preferred For the Hinsdale location, a BSN is required
- Experience in a clinical hospital nursing setting preferred
- Bachelors in Nursing and at least 2 years experience in ICU, ED, or telemetry preferred.
- Leadership experience and strong communication skills are essential.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.