Registrar-Cancer/Tumor - Cancer Registry 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Maintains and analyzes cancer incidence data.
- Identifies and analyzes the history, diagnosis, treatment, disease status and survival data of cancer patients treated in the organization.
- Prepares and electronically submits required reporting information to the state cancer database.
- Collects data for patient care evaluations, protocol studies and conducting audits.
- Complies with all reporting requests and requirements.
- Abstracts accurately all required cancer related information into the electronic tumor registry system. Coordinates and maintains the long-term follow up process of data collection and input for all tumor registry patients.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registrar specializing in Tumors credentialed from the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- CTR preferred
- Three years of experience abstracting preferred
- Position requires 3 weeks of onsite training required
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.