Are you organized and like helping people? Do you like being challenged and learning everyday? Want to join a team where you know you are actually making a difference in people's lives?
NSMHA is seeking an Evening Administration Assistant to join the Emergency Services Team! As the Administrative Assistant, you would be responsible for for supporting the Office Manager in the administration operations of a site and the needs of the site's program staff.
Hours are: 3pm to 11pm
Duties would include:
- Position functions and performs all duties of the Office Manager in his/her absence.Check-in all consumers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Verify that each consumers' insurance and demographic information is up to date and accurate.
- Answers telephones promptly, distributes messages as soon as possible in staff and makes decisions about priority and importance of phone calls.Makes and confirms psychopharm appointments.
- Works closely with psychopharmacology staff. Communicates client medication needs to psychopharm nurse coordinator.
- Communicates with mobile staff on a regular basis and is aware of their location in the community.
- Provides support to the mobile staff as needed.Assists CCS staff with intakes and processing new patients who are arriving on the unit.
- Assists CCS staff with discharges, including arranging transportation and other tasks related to patient discharges.
- Works closely with Program management on managing the staff schedules (CCS and mobile team) and keeps track of vacant/available shifts and contacts staff as needed to help fill open shiftsWorks closely with program management on ordering supplies, food, and services.
- Bilingual skills strongly preferred-May assist with language translation as needed.
- Sort all outside and interoffice mail.Check all faxes periodically and distribute.
- Reconcile the cash to the cash receipt ledger throughout the day and secure all cash at the end of the day following clinic procedures.Performs various tasks related to tracking client data and client insurance coverage.
Education : High School Diploma or GED completion required. College degree preferred.
Experience: Previous office experience and computer skills required. Knowledge of Windows application required (Word, Excel, and Access). Be or be able to become CPR/FA certified according to NSMHA policy.
Skills: Computer skills, office experience strongly preferred.